Pimples are extremely disturbing and painful for the skin. While it takes time to get rid of them, hiding them is much easier and less time-consuming. We have mentioned many ways to hide your pimples, but these aren’t permanent solutions for your skin.
You need to know your skin type and be careful with your skin to prevent further pimple breakouts. Make a proper skincare routine that suits your skin and see if your skin condition improves. If your problem still stays, consult a good dermatologist for advice. Or you can also check this skin & beauty specialized blog site.
What is pimple
A pimple is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that occurs when the skin’s oil glands become blocked. It is usually more common during adolescence. However, there is nothing to worry about pimples. Pimple is more common in oily skin. As a result of pimples, black pimples appear on the face, neck, shoulders, and rashes that are often itchy.
Causes of pimples
Pimples are not only an uncomfortable skin condition, but they can also cause psychological problems. One of the causes of pimples is the increase in hormone levels during adolescence. Some of the causes are discussed below:
- Genetic: If the father or mother has a pimple problem, their child can also get pimples.
- Hormonal problems: Androgen levels in the body increase during adolescence. As a result, the level of sebum in the body increases, and pimples may appear on the face and chest.
- Lifestyle changes: Smoking, alcohol consumption, irregular eating habits, and insufficient sleep are some of the causes of pimples.
- Stress: Stress can be one of the causes of pimples.
- Cosmetics: The use of oily cosmetics can cause pimples on the skin.
What kind of pimples are on the skin?
Whiteheads: Whiteheads are also a type of pimple, which is basically a type of rash, that is located under the upper barrier of the skin. Whiteheads are also seen on the forehead, nose, and forehead.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are also a type of small pimples, which are mostly seen on our noses. It is a black granular type. This is usually to avoid cleaning dead skin cells. Blackheads are more common on relatively oily skin.
- Cystic acne: These types of pimples are very painful, and it is better to consult a skin specialist or doctor.
- Papules: Papules are small and solid pimples that are hard on the skin! It is usually a light pink color of pimples.
- Pustules: Pustules are another type of pimple. These are very common in our skin. It can be painful and look red.
- Nodules: It is similar to papules, But the size is a little bigger and painful.
Primary care for pimples or acne
Even if you take care of your skin regularly, sometimes a few pimples may appear on your face. However, there are some ways to cure them quickly.
Ice cubes: Ice helps reduce redness and infection and also helps reduce the size of acne. Wrap ice in a thin cloth and gently massage it on the pimple for a minute. Do the same again after five minutes. But remember not to apply ice more than twice each time. Applying ice twice a day in this way can get rid of acne quickly.
White Toothpaste: Simple white paste works well to get rid of pimples fast. Apply a little toothpaste on the pimples before going to bed at night. It works like magic to last all night. It helps to dry acne and reduce swelling. Wake up in the morning and take care of your skin naturally.
Lemon: Lemon’s citric acid helps dry out acne, which reduces acne breakouts by reducing oil or sebum production. Lemon juice acts as an antiseptic that reduces infection and redness.
Apply fresh lemon juice on the pimple and leave it for as long as possible. In case of skin irritation, wash with cold water. If the skin is not very sensitive, apply lemon juice overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Honey: Honey is good for skin and it contains natural antiseptic that helps reduce pimple breakouts by reducing excess fluid. Take honey in a bandage and apply it on the pimple. Wash your face the next morning. If you want, you can apply a mixture of honey and cinnamon, or if you want, you can apply a mixture of honey and lemon juice on the pimples.
Sandalwood: Sandalwood has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that act as an astringent that helps reduce pimple breakouts. Mix enough sandalwood with milk. If you want, you can mix rose water with sandalwood. Apply the mixture on the pimples and wash off after 10 to 15 minutes.
To prevent pimples
Lifestyle and dietary changes can help to reduce pimples. For example, if you want to reduce pimples, you have to reduce the amount of sugar and eat leafy green vegetables and reduce carbohydrate intake.
- The amount of water should be increased. Drinking three litres of water daily protects the body from various diseases.
- Do not use oily cosmetics. Buy products that are ‘non-comedogenic’ because it helps in removing pimples.
- Avoid touching pimples. Always follow the doctor’s advice. This will cure the pimples faster and keep the skin healthy.
To stay pimples free
Due to external dust and pollution, various types of skin problems, including pimples, appear. But don’t need to struggle a lot to get beautiful skin. A little awareness can keep the skin healthy. Here are some things to do for pimples-free skin.
- Keep your face clean: You should clean your face at least twice a day. It removes dead cells and excess oil. The face should be washed with warm water and mild face wash. Avoid using excessively perfumed and alkaline soaps on the face. Because it can dry the skin.
Another thing to keep in mind when cleaning your face is that you should never wipe your face with a dirty towel. It can cause bacterial infection in the face. So clean towels should always be used.
- Keep skin moist: Most commonly used cosmetics dry out our skin. Moisturizers should be used regularly to reduce this dryness. Different moisturizers are available in the market for oily, dry, and combination skin types. Moisturizers should be selected and used according to the skin.
- Pimples medication: There are various types of pimples medicine available on the market. However, before using any medicine, you should consult with a doctor.
This type of medicine contains benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid, which help in reducing skin pimples.
In the case of using this type of medicine, a small amount should be used first. Then use according to skin type and needs. Caution should be exercised when using these products on sensitive skin.
- Conscious use of makeup: If the skin has pimples, it is better to use mild makeup. Foundation, powder, and blush should be used sparingly. And if makeup is to be used, it must be removed well at the end of the day. If possible, use cosmetics free of oils, colour and chemical ingredients.
So before buying any cosmetics, you must read the product label carefully.
- Careful use of hand: If you have pimples on your face, you should not touch them frequently. It increases the chance of infection.
- Safe from the sun rays: Ultraviolet rays of the sun are harmful to the skin. This can cause skin burns and redness. Excessive sun exposure causes pimples on the skin.
It is generally best to stay away from the heat of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm. In this case, long-sleeved clothes, umbrellas, or hats can be used.
On the other hand, regular use of sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher is essential regardless of whether you have pimples or not. When using sunscreen, apply it for at least 20 minutes before going outside.
- Food for skin: There are some foods that prevent pimples on the skin, and chocolate is one of them. On the other hand, oil-rich food or junk food causes pimple breakouts.
Therefore, fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the daily diet.
- Regular exercise: Exercising is not only good for the body but also good for the skin. Take a good shower after exercising.
- Happiness: Excessive stress, depression, and anxiety can cause acne. So it is better to keep in mind cheerfulness as much as possible.
Tips and tricks to hide pimples without makeup
Of course, you can’t make pimples disappear without concealer or foundation, but you can reduce inflammation, size, and swelling. Some tips and tricks to hide pimples without makeup are discussed below:
- Ice cube: The simplest way to hide pimples without makeup is to use ice cubes. Ice cubes increase the pressure on our blood vessels, thereby reducing the size of the pimple for some time.
Take a piece of ice cube and wrap it in a thin, soft cloth. Apply it carefully on the pimples for a few minutes. Can’t rub it in too much!
- Acne and spot treatment products: There are special products available for acne-prone skin that work well to reduce pimples. Because it contains pimple-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and topical retinoids. Such treatment products reduce the redness and pain of pimples. It only works for papules and pustules types of pimples. It is not so useful for cystic pimples or nodules. Many people do not know that if tea tree essential oil is applied on the acne, the acne dries up very quickly, and there is no chance of spotting. This is also a very good option for you and your skin.
- Moisturizer or cream: There are several types of moisturizers in the market that provide good coverage or a smooth finish. Enhances natural skin tone for a brighter look on the face. Using this type of moisturizer will not only moisturize the skin but also help hide the pimples.
- Acne patches: You can get rid of pimples very easily with acne patches. These acne patches are made of hydrocolloid, which is very effective for pimples. It absorbs the pus inside the pimple, reduces the size of the pimple, and helps to improve the skin condition.
- Accessories and hairstyles: It may sound funny, but the truth is that it is possible to hide pimples through accessories or hairstyles! For example, if you have pimples on your eyebrow or eye area, you can use sunglasses. It will help hide your pimple easily during the day. Also, cutting hair bangs can hide the pimples on your forehead.
- Mask: Now, a mask is a very important part of our life. Because the coronavirus is forcing us to wear masks when going out, it naturally helps to hide any pimples on our lower face and protect us from air pollution.
- Coffee: Coffee can be a great way to instantly reduce the puffiness of pimples. Mix a few drops of hot water in coffee, take a thin cloth and keep it on the pimple for 30 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Egg: A raw egg white can help reduce inflammation and promote faster skin regeneration. A raw egg white is separated from the yolk, and one is mixed until the white foam is formed. Egg foam should be applied on the pimple until it dries. Leave it on the face for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. At the end of the procedure, a moisturizer should be applied to the face.
- Use of tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a powerful natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. With a cotton ball, apply the oil pointwise on the pimple. Do not rinse, do it every half hour. Within 5-6 hours, it reduces redness and swelling. Natural tea tree is an essential oil that deeply cleanses pores and prevents the appearance of new pimples.
Common mistakes of pimple Hiding
- Pimple squeezing: Many people think that the best way to hide a pimple is to remove it. But this is a common misconception. Pimples and blackheads are impossible to squeeze! Such an action will only increase the area of inflammation and leave a bloody trail, which can later turn into a non-healing scar.
- Foundation: Foundation is often applied to the face to hide pimples, but it is another common mistake. When using a toning agent beyond measure, the face takes an unnatural look that is harmful to the skin.
- Dark base color: The dark color makes the skin look very ridiculous. Dark colors cosmetics are only applicable for healthy skin types. Also, avoid applying pink blush, as this color brings out all the imperfections and flaws present on the skin.
- Cosmetics of bright colors: Women often use a bright color of lipsticks and bright colors of cosmetics. Glitter and bright colors make acne-prone areas more inflamed.
Q. Dose foundations hide pimples?
Yes, proper use of makeup and the right makeup products can help hide pimple marks. To hide pimples with makeup, you can use a primer with concealer, foundation, and powder. If the mark is red, you can also use a color corrector.
Q. What can be used instead of foundation?
If you want to wear makeup without foundation, there are many different ways. You can use a primer, tinted moisturizer, and CC Cream. The important thing is finding what works for your skin type and applying it.
Q. How can I cover up pimples without a full coverage foundation?
Apply concealer that matches your skin type.
If you have spots or areas of pimples that could use a little extra coverage, you can then apply a non-comedogenic concealer in a color similar to your skin type. Blending concealer well is a key step to getting a flawless look.
Q. Is it right to put concealer without foundation?
Yes, you can use concealer without foundation, and if you have good skin and you just want to cover up a few minor blemishes, using a concealer might be all you need for your skin. It comes in a variety of shades, so you can find one that matches your skin type.
Q. How can I cover up pimples without looking cakey?
Some tips for covering pimples without looking cakey. Here’s a preview of those tips:
- Apply a flat shader, not your finger.
- Apply a powder concealer or hydrating, medium-coverage concealer.
- Know when to stop realistic expectations.
Q. Can I treat pimples with ice?
Yes, ice may help reduce redness, swelling, and pain in inflammatory-type of pimples. But ice may have little to no effect on non-inflammatory pimples, such as blackheads and whiteheads. While a cold compress can minimize inflammation of pimples and make pimples less noticeable or painful but it will not remove the contents inside a pimple.
Q. How to use ice on pimples?
Pimples can appear on any part of the body, including the face, back, and chest.
Follow these general tips when icing a pimple on any part of the skin:
- Wash the area thoroughly with a mild cleanser and warm water.
- Do not apply ice directly to the pimples.
- Wrap the ice cubes in a clean cloth before placing on the skin.
- Apply ice for 30 seconds to 1-minute.
- Do not sleep with an ice pack on.
There is no need to fight against pimples much, various ways to hide them only provide urgent help for a temporary improvement in appearance.
There are many causes of pimples, identify them correctly and consult a doctor immediately, but if you have pimples and blackheads that appear regularly, you cannot cure them without medical help.
So that you no longer have to hide your face behind makeup or resort to urgent procedures, we recommend you consult a dermatologist and a cosmetologist and cure skin problems.